Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 

Too Soon For This Sort Of Utah Mine Story?

All pictures are courtesy of a slideshow attached to this AP story about the Utah miners found at Yahoo News.

The story was found at Yahoo News.

The miners are still missing.

Look, you should probably just skip this post.

I don't always have the best of taste.

Get out while you still can.

At this point, you can't say I didn't warn you.


A brief and very strange interview was held earlier with Utah mine boss Robert Murray. Since the collapse of the mine, Murray appears to have suffered a nervous breakdown:
He said he later dropped out of a debriefing with federal officials and began wandering around the mine yard in the moonlight, reliving the collapse. He said he broke down.

"I came apart," he said. "I was under a doctor's care . . ."

It may be this breakdown that led to the bizarre behavior exhibited during the interview.

". . . and then I take my hands away and say Peek-A-Boo! My little granddaughter just laughs and laughs . . . Umm . . . are we starting now?"


"Look, I know the families have some complaints about how the situation has been handled, but it says right here in these contracts, that if any miner dies, we get his firstborn to take his place. Is that so hard to understand?"


"Hell, sometimes we just hire a new guy and I simply eat the kid, bare-handed cannibal style. Just rip 'im to shreds! Tastes like chicken."


"It helps that I have such good, strong nails. I get regular manicures, did you know that? Just got one this morning. All the ladies are jealous of my nails. Sometimes, when I've had a manicure, I like to caress my nails."


"Oh crap! I think I forgot to unplug the coffee pot!"


"I'm outta here. If that coffee pot burns up, why, that'd be a real disaster!"



Yeah. Probably too soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?