Friday, March 16, 2007

 

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I saw a couple of brief commercials for the movie early in the promotional campaign. They were short. Or I wasn't paying close attention. Whatever the actual case, I didn't hear them talk. And I didn't see much. And I said to myself, "Self, if they play this right, this movie could kick major butt."

How could they play it right? By being completely serious. By not playing to four year olds. Burps played cute for laughs? Out. Keanu style voices? Out. Circa 1985 surfer lingo? Out.

If they had just played it straight, this movie could have been awesome. Martial arts? Check. Cool ninja weapons? Check. Monsters? Check. Taking the movie seriously, and leaving the My Little Pony stuff to be put in some other crap flick? Ch- err, not quite. Here's a trailer for you.

I had high hopes for this movie, and all the things I hated about the cartoon haven't gone away.

Please God, don't let them screw up the Transformers. This I pray, in Jesus' name, amen.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?