Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

How Do You Spell Sanjaya?

I admit, I may very well have mocked Sanjaya at first. And deep in my heart, I know that he's nowhere near the best singer on American Idol.

And yet, once he reached that low point, that sort of hurt and sad place where you know you're a laughingstock, Sanjaya did the only thing I think you can do, short of killing yourself. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but he turned his frown upside down.

I think he just decided to ride this crazy pony til he gets bucked off, and enjoy the scenery along the way. That very act, in and of itself, is inspirational.

I'm semi-serious here. He can trace a spiritual ancestry back to the guys playing on the Titanic while it sank out from under them. Facing utter disaster, he's making the best of things, and how can you not like someone who can be that positive?

As far as Idol goes, who cares who wins? Even non-winners are making hit records now. Talent wins out.

In the meantime, how do you spell Sanjaya? B-a-n-d-w-a-g-o-n.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?