Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

"You Can Say Booger If You Want To"

It's a line from WKRP in Cincinnatti, one of my favorite TV shows. Johnny Fever was fired from a big time station for saying "booger" on the air, and ended up at WKRP. The new station manager, Andy Travis, tells Johnny he can say it. It was one small step in trying to turn around the underperforming station. A much larger step, noted to assorted consultants and Mother Carlson, the station owner, was that Andy also allowed the DJ's to program their own music. They could play whatever they wanted. So what's my point?

I just found it interesting that, twenty-eight years later, Dean Esmay voiced almost exactly the same thoughts about the bloggers who contribute to his website. I'm sure I've noted more than once that Dean's World is a must read for me. One big reason for that is that Dean's World is one of the most diverse and well-written blogs out there. You can find any number of opinions about any number of topics, and a post, or even a comment, that isn't well thought out is the exception to the rule. Dignified and intelligent discourse is the order of the day there.

Don't take my word for it though. Let Dean tell you in his own words.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?