Sunday, September 12, 2004

 

Call Of The Wild. Part Six

You can find part five here.

I find that it’s time once again to examine my own evolution and see how things are going. Last time, I was a Large Mammal, and I’m still there. Let’s face it. I’m not likely to go much higher. I’ve come semi-far in the ecosystem, all the way to level thirteen (of sixteen) but I’ll have to go three times as far to get the next rung. So as long as I’ll be here for a while, I need to decide if I’m going to stick with my lion avatar, or choose a different large animal each week. Decision made. There’s lots of large mammals, right? Continuing the tradition, I shall now take a look at the Large Mammals just above and below me.

My murderous grizzly rage is directed at (one spot above me): Not Geniuses. Tagline: None

This blog is written by Joe, Matt, Nico, Ryan, and Clay. I read posts by all of them but Clay, so maybe there’s still hope. These guys are on the other side, but they were on the list, so I’ve got to put them in. Their blogroll tells me they prefer writers from the left who, how can I say this, are perhaps a little disreputable. Nobody there corrected a post about an issue from Kitty Kelly’s book that has been discredited. This is not a blog I would read, but if you’re a lefty, consider checking it out. Pacing is good. Mostly short to medium posts. Prescription: three times a week for two weeks, then as needed.


My mighty bear hug has just pulped (one spot below me): Doctor Weevil. Tagline: Punditry, Pedantry, Poetry, and Pie ("Mmmmm . . . . Pie!").

Another political blog, with an occasional personal tidbit thrown in here and there. This one is well-written, and the good Doctor clearly demonstrates his knowledge and mental acuity even in the few posts I read. Special feature: Dork of the Week. You all know that I really want the word dork to get more usage, so thank you Doctor Weevil. When I am benevolent dictator, you shall be rewarded. Added bonus: He has taken the time to put his blogroll in alphabetical order. Pacing is slow, but steady. Mostly short to medium posts. Prescription: twice a week for three weeks, then as needed.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?