Sunday, July 18, 2004

 

Alaska. California. The World.

The hermitage was broken recently when I left the house to take in some culture. What better place than a musical festival? At this festival, I happened to enjoy a band I had never heard of before. Actually, I think out of maybe thirty or forty bands, I had heard of one of them before. You know, one of those radio station type festivals.

One band in particular I liked. They put on an exciting, energetic show. The music was enjoyable even though it was the first time I had heard it. They’ve been together since 2001, I believe, when they were all in Alaska. The problem, as they note, is that they had to drive 3,000 miles to the lower 48 to go on any kind of tour. Plus, they were far away from the studios and people in the business, and running things by remote just made things more difficult.

So they came to California, to sort of the central northerny region. It’s a town called Modesto. If you watch the news, you’ve heard of it. This is the now the forward command post in their quest for musical domination. If they come near you, go see them play.

The band is called Nothing Less. They can be found here. You go look now!


Comments:
You are awesome!!!!! I live with the guys of Nothing Less but unfortunately I had to work and couldn't make it to x-fest in time to see their set. I am glad you had fun. Keep checking the website so you'll know when the next shows are going to be. Hope to see you at some of them!

-Alyssa
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?